What a way to spend March Break in the warmth and natural beauty of Mindo. Join us on this creative exploration in the ultimate natural setting for writing. Everyone is welcome and feel free to bring a friend too!
Duration: Saturday, March 11 – Saturday, March 18 (8 days)
Location: Mindo, Ecuador
Price: Cost: $1,895 CAD if you book before Jan 15, 2017 ($2,195 CAD after Jan 15) For a registration package call/PM Sue. 705 8264641
Retreat Highlights:Think of being in a riverside studio in the Ecuadorian cloud forest. That’s where we will provide the perfect environment for tapping into your highest form of creativity. Harness, expand and cultivate your writing skills with Sue Kenney, a screenplay writer and best-selling author of the book My Camino. Whether you are journaling, blogging, writing your own story or the next best seller, this retreat has been designed to guide you to access your inner source of creativity. We will approach the creative process with a holistic theme that encapsulates mind, body and spirit in a natural environment. Your creativity will thrive in the lush natural surroundings of Mindo, Ecuador located almost right on the Equator. We start each day with a morning mindfulness practice and a nature walk, followed by breakfast on the river. The rest of our days will be filled with daily writing workshops, an interactive conversation about your individual writing challenges, and free to to write. The retreat also includes several other daily activities, such as touring an artisanal chocolate factory, a butterfly garden, and guided nature hikes through some of the most biodiverse places on Earth. Writing can be a personal journey and keeping that in mind, we have set the stage for you to explore the narrative of your own life story as a means to embody and access the creative flow. We will also tour authentic small village Ecuadorian culture with local friends and family. No previous writing experience is required. You only need an open mind and heart. Your retreat guides are author, Sue Kenney, and EarthTreks’ founder, Alison Braun, who invites you into her home and new yoga studio for the retreat. This is going to be a fabulous week of relaxation, creativity, learning, and fun!
About Author Sue KenneySue is the author of best-selling book My Camino. After being downsized from her corporate career, she decided to embark on walking 800 kilometers along the medieval pilgrimage known as the Camino de Santiago in Spain. Sue brings readers along with her on this solo journey by sharing personal stories about how she faced her fears and learned to embrace the power of surrender. She later directed the feature documentary film, Las Peregrinas which was screened worldwide and released her second book, Confessions of a Pilgrim. Currently she is working with Academy Award Nominated Producer Item 7(Brooklyn) on a project co-writing the screenplay for the feature film adaptation of My Camino along with her writing partner Bruce Pirrie, of Second City fame. It is expected to be released in 2018. Sue has walked various routes of the Camino and each year coaches, guides and walks with her group in the spring and fall. She is a Camino/Life/Writing Coach and offers a writing workshop called How to Write Good. Sue is also the designer of a new kind of footwear that was seen on Dragon’s Den, called Barebottom Shoes. With the foundation of her barefoot practice, Sue is constantly pushing boundaries and expanding her creative talents. Her purpose in life is to serve the world by using her voice to inspire others on their life journey, to be a greater contribution to the universe.
About EarthTreks’ Founder Alison BraunAlison combined her love of travel in search of the world’s abundance of natural and cultural treasures with her personal commitment to effect positive social and environmental change to form the vision of EarthTreks, her thriving sustainable travel company which specializes in trips through Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. Alison discovered the natural paradise of Mindo, Ecuador in 1997, when environmental work took her there. She has maintained a home and close network of friends and family there ever since, and now has the pleasure to bring groups to meet them, staying right in her village to experience the magical surroundings and natural abundance first-hand.
Retreat Overview:Dates: Saturday, March 11 – Saturday, March 18 (8 days) Cost: $1,895 CAD* if you book before January 15, 2017 ($2,195 CAD after Jan 15)
- Excellent value! This price includes all taxes, full week workshop, all meals, all accommodations, all transportation, guides, airport transfers (everything but your international flight, which we can help you book)
- $1,395.00 for partners/friends to participate in everything but workshops
- $795.00 for children (age 6+) staying with parents, includes full-time care on site with fun activities planned daily
- Based on double/triple occupancy
- Single supplement of $195 CAD (or we can try to match you with someone)
- $500.00 CAD deposit required at time of booking.
- To register for this retreat, ask about future dates or to find out more, please CONTACT US
- All accommodations (7 Nights)
- All meals in Mindo (7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners)
- All transportation, including airport transfers (noting that if you arriving on dates earlier or later than those set out here, airport transfers cost $100 CAD, either way)
- Daily writing workshops, exercises, and activities
- Bilingual retreat leader
- All Activities included in the itinerary (below)
- Rubber boots for deeper nature hikes
- Price does not include international flight, tips, alcohol, or any additional activities (e.g. Thai massage or zip lining)